High Efficiency Washing
How do HE machines work?
HE (High Efficiency) machines use a tumbling action with small amounts of water. After a short soaking period, clothes are repeatedly lifted and dropped by rotation of the drum.
This action propels water and detergent through fabrics. Soils are loosened, then rinsed away. Once washing is complete, a high speed spin cycle removes most of the remaining water to help prepare laundry for drying
What are the key benefits for HE washers?
- Use Less Water
- Since there is no need to suspend laundry during the wash cycles, HE washers require only enough water to saturate fabrics. As a result, these machines can use up to 70% less water
than regular washers.
- Better Washing Results
- The rotation and compression of laundry inside the drum moves water and detergent through clothes, resulting in a great clean.
- Treats Garments More Gently
- A tumbling action is more gentle on fabrics than the movement of rotating agitators found in regular washers, keeping your clothes looking better for longer.
- Saves Energy
- HE machines use less water than traditional machines. As a result, less energy is required to heat the water for warm wash settings. Additionally, these washers use a high-speed spin
cycle to remove most of the remaining water after rinsing, which allows for shorter drying time and additional energy savings.
Why should I use Trend® detergents?
Safe for All Machines
HE washers tend to produce more suds than regular machines due to the back and forth tumbling action during wash cycles. Since they also use less water, suds are not as easily rinsed away. This can cause excess soils and foam to build up inside the machine, which may lead to odors, overflow, or machine malfunctions. Trend® detergents are formulated to generate less foam so that they can be used in both regular and HE machines.